What are tutorials?
Tutorials help you connect “what to learn” with “how to learn.” Enthusiastic tutors lead bi-weekly groups that connect you with peers and give you tools to succeed.
How are tutorials different from lecture, discussion, lab and one-on-one tutoring?
Tutorials focus on key concepts and encourage collaborative learning in a FUN group setting.
Who are the LARC Tutorial Leaders?
LARC Tutorial Leaders are high performing peers who have previously succeeded in the subjects that they are supporting.
What is a tutorial like?
Tutorials meet for 50 minutes twice per week during the academic school year, and 2 hours each during five-week summer sessions. All tutorials have a main learning goal and tutors check your mastery of the goal at the end of each meeting. Leaders organize quiz, midterm, and final reviews as well.
How do I enroll in a LARC Tutorial?
Fall, Winter & Spring Quarters:
(Enrollment opens Saturday before instruction begins for the quarter)
1. Look at the LARC Tutorial Schedule to the left and choose a tutorial time that corresponds with your lecture. (Note: LARC Tutorials are associated with individual lectures, with the exception of Math courses)
2. Enroll through WebReg for the appropriate LARC Tutorial using the five-digit course code so it appears on your study list.
3. Attend the LARC Tutorial you are enrolled in.
*During summer, enrollment is different.
1. Look at the LARC Summer Tutorial Schedule on LARC Signups and choose a tutorial time that corresponds with your lecture. (Note: LARC Tutorials are associated with individual lectures, with the exception of Math courses)
2. Attend the LARC Tutorial you are enrolled in.
To enroll in the LARC Tutorial for summer click here.
3. Please see our Fees & Policies page for Summer information.